• Apply a heavy moisturizer while skin is still damp after the shower.
• Exfoliate top layers of skin with a hydrating glycolic acid moisturizer.
• Use a humidifier overnight.
• Drink lots of water – Remember coffee and tea are dehydrating.
• Use a hydrating cleanser for your body. Dr. Grodberg's favorites: MGMD® Exfoliating Body Lotion, Olay Complete Body Wash, Aveeno Positively Smooth Moisturizing Lotion.
It is best to schedule most cosmetic procedures in the winter so the skin can heal away from the sun. Now is the time to remove unwanted hair with laser hair removal, to zap those red facial blood vessels with a laser or to treat those bothersome leg veins with sclerotherapy.
Dry skin makes wrinkles more prominent so be diligent about hydrating wrinkle prone areas such as the skin below your eyes. Dr. Grodberg’s favorite: MGMDTM Rejuvenating Eye Serum.
Harmful rays are still present even though the temperature has dropped. Sometimes they're even stronger than usual, such as when skiing at high altitudes. Remember to apply a broad spectrum sunscreen to exposed skin. Dr. Grodberg’s favorite: Citrix Antioxidant Sunscreen SPF 30.
Nail polish year round can lead to dry, brittle nails. Skip the polish during the winter months while your feet are hidden in socks and shoes and apply a heavy glycolic moisturizer to your toenails and heels at bedtime. This will help to exfoliate the dead cells and hydrate the normal cells leading to twinkling tootsies for spring sandals. Dr. Grodberg’s favorite: MGMD® Rough Skin Smoothing Cream.
Fall is a great time to begin a skin rejuvenation program addressing those skin issues that you've been ignoring during the lazy days of summer and the crazy days of back to school/life.